How to prepare your pilgrimage
Birthplace and Family Home
Winter (November to April): 10 am – 12 am and 2 pm – 5 pm
Closed on Mondays, Sundays morning, and all January
Summer (May to October) : 09:30 am – 12 am and 2 pm – 6 pm
Closed on Sundays morning
Chapel of the Family Home
From 8 am to 6 pm everyday
From 08:30 am to 7 pm everyday
– Clarisses Monastery
From Tuesday to Sunday: 8.30 am
Monday: 6:30 pm
– The Basilica « Notre-Dame »
From Tuesday to Friday: 6.30 pm
Sunday: 11 am
– Chapel of the Family Home
Friday: 12 am
Adoration Thursday from 6 to 7 pm in summer, from 5 to 6 pm followed by a vespers and mass in winter.
A mass can be celebrated on request. Please contact the Pilgrimages Department of the Shrine.
Come as a group (from 20 people)
The Pilgrimages Department is assigned to help groups with settling in and organising the pilgrimage. To organize your visit according to your expectations and time available, contact: Pilgrimages Manager : +33 2 33 26 10 61
Call the Pilgrimages Department : Tuesday 9 to 12 am – 2 to 5 pm, Wednesday 9 to 12 am and Thursday 9 to 12 am – 2 to 5 pm
What to do during your pilgrimage ?
- Visit the Saints Louis and Zelie Martin’s home and Saint Therese’s birthplace : Historical Gallery, exhibition of objects from the family, film if you wish (18 minutes) based on the family letters. Then, visit of the house itself (in small groups) ending with the chapel, birth room of Therese, and Relics of Louis, Zelie and Therese.
The film is available in French, English, German, Spanish and Italian.
Our guides speak French, English, Italian, Spanish and German.
- Visit the Basilica « Notre-Dame » of Alençon (Place of the weeding of Louis ans Zelie Martin and baptism of Therese. Time of prayer possible at the Relics of Louis and Zelie Martin and/or the baptistry of Therese)
- Visit the places of the Martin Family in Alençon (Pavillon of Louis, The bridge where Louis and Zélie met, The watchmaker’s shop and more…)
- Mass in the Chapel St Therese of the House or at the Basilica
To learn more
We offer books, DVD in English in order to know better Louis, Zélie and Therese Martin.